Saturday, December 10, 2011

Round Three: Halfway There


Friday marked the third treatment of my six treatment set. I was coming off a strong three weeks so I was ready for it. I had an appointment with my oncologist in the morning and he was amazed at how well I was doing. I told him that I had to make sure to get more of the liquid gold (ie. Neupogen shots) and he agreed that it was definitely a positive :-)

I scheduled my appointment for 3pm this time instead of 12 noon so I could make our weekly EDGE work meeting which made for a really long day. 8:30 oncology, 10:00 Visions, 11:30 Bookfair, 12:30 lunch and a little hat shopping with my mom and then onto the chemo appointment. The treatment center was less busy. It was quiet and was very calm. My mom and I designed some cards and chatted as the three drugs did their jobs!

It was dark when we left (which was strange) so I came home a little sleepier than normal. My mom and Keith stayed for dinner and we watched a little National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I went to bed fairly early and felt exhausted.

Brian and I attempted some Christmas shopping on Saturday, but I only lasted about 2 hours. I wasn't feeling horrible, but I was super drained. Brian took Jack to the movies on Sunday and Maggie babysat the little Sam Man. It seems like just yesterday, I was babysitting her :-)

The hope is that the next three weeks are as smooth as the last three. They warn that the effects of the drugs are cumulative so we are not sure what may build up. I am amazed as I hear about all of my family, friends, students, colleagues that are sending positive thoughts, have me on prayer lists and check in on my progress. It keeps me strong. It keeps me positive. If being exhausted is the worst of it, I can get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment