Friday, October 28, 2011

One is Done!!!


Round One of Chemo is Done!

I arrived pretty nervous to my first appointment. All I can equate it to was the feeling of arriving to be induced with Jack. When will it hurt? What will hurt? Will I be able to take it?

I was at ease knowing my babies were with my Mom and taken care of. Actually they couldn't wait for us to leave because they were going to the zoo and park.

I was well supported. Brian and Sarah were by my side and if you know the three of us, this chemo center wasn't going to be the same. We were all decked out in pink and Sarah even made "Team Dani" pink bracelets with my Dad's favorite saying "Fight Hard, You'll Win" (yes, Sarah and I were told this a lot in high school). There are lots of extras for family and friends. Adam came for a visit as well.

It was a total of 3 hours of treatment because my Herceptin was a Super Dose. When the hung the first bag, Sarah looked at the IV machine and said "Ok, now do your job!" I sat through three bags of chemo and it wasn't bad. No discomfort during treatment and was sent home with lots of meds to help with the aftermath. They said tomorrow will be my toughest day and I will be very achey.

I actually feel great. Brian and I went to lunch on the way home and I was able to spend some quality time with the boys before bed. An amazing dinner was waiting, new bedding on my bed, and a great sign from FOWD. I am truly blessed!

Thanks for all the support, well wishes, prayers and messages. I will post the chemo room pictures tomorrow, yes we did take pictures in the room (you've got to document this stuff!).

I'm off to bed, drinking lots of water and getting ready for a par-tay on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment