Friday, October 21, 2011

A Pain in the Arm

I noticed a dull pain in my arm pit in early September 2011 while training to run a half marathon with friends. Luckily, I was super aware of my aches and pains at this time and knew that this wasn't of the running variety. I made an appointment to see my general doctor and he found a small lump in my armpit (about 2 cm). My bloodwork was clear so he scheduled me a 4 week follow up appointment to reevalaute.

I finished up my training and completed a half marathon in October and had my follow up appointment the following week. I went into the appointment thinking that the doctor would say it has broken up on its' own and that we were clear. He was immediately concerned when he felt it because the lump had almost doubled and I had a small lump in my neck. I couldn't feel the lump so had no way of checking its' progress. He called the surgeon from the office and sent me directly for a mammogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment