Saturday morning I woke up not feeling well. My mom and dad took the boys to the Railroad Museum to let me sleep. I slept all day long and when the boys returned I took my temperature..... 101.2!
Normally not a concern, but during chemo 100.5+ requires an ER trip. So off my mom and I went. They gave me general antibiotics, drew blood and soon discovered that I had NO white blood cells. Well, 0.9 to be exact which they were less than thrilled about. I got a shot to boost my white blood cell count and then was told I had to be admitted.
Day 2 in the hospital included lots of blood draws, general antibiotics, Tylenol, more shots and waiting (oh and a little Niners Football!). When the doc came and asked me what I needed, I said "to go home". He told me that I needed another day to get those white blood cells up.
So here I sit, in a hospital bed. Just wanting to go home. Skyped with my boys tonight and miss them terribly. They hope I will be released tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment