Of course, I started planning my break out of here the minute I woke up this morning. I got early news my white blood cell count had gone from 1.7 to 3.7 and the doc from the night before said he needed to see them increase. This + no fever I thought could equal nothing but an early release. I skyped in to our monthly Visions meeting and my mom, Brian and Sarah kept me busy as we worked through 2 shifts of nurses before seeing the Monday doc (they're a little late on rounds around here). I was feeling great and then she told me that my 99.1 degree temp at midnight the night before was considered feverish and they really needed me 24 hours without fever....duh duh duh
One more night in the four star resort.
Brian left to get the boys and faced bedtime alone again, he gets the hero award for the week. Especially because he even managed to send me videos of the Jack singing in the bathtub! Sam couldn't even hear my voice on the phone, too confusing and he started crying. Jack on the other hand wanted to talk to my doctor and told me please mom just a minute. When I said he wasn't here he asked me what he was doing? Actually Jack, I'm not sure. Can't wait to get home for my boys.
On a more positive note,
caught up on some grading......
had a great student nurse named Mimi (Jack's name for my mom). Which was a good sign because we struggled through some of the nurses.
And tomorrow, my little guy turns 3! Incredible, and kinda fitting that I will be in the hospital on this day. Remembered a different emotion though of meeting my first 3 years ago. He gets special donuts with Daddy in the morning and he will get spoiled rotten at preschool, and I will be there when he gets home. Can't wait.....now to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment