Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Perfect Day

I woke up this morning to a blood draw at 6:00am. By 7:50am, I had my discharge orders from the doc. Quickest Kaiser discharge ever!! My white blood cells were now at 12.7 (we're multiplying baby!) and I was 24 hours fever free. Brian took the birthday boy to donuts, dropped them at preschool and came and picked me up.

I had successful SKYPE meetings with two struggling students and two group SKYPE meetings (all while still in my PJ's). I laughed liked crazy as I realized during a meeting of 10th grade boys (I have 8 of them) what life will be like in a house full of boys. They joked with each other, talked sports, new video games while I keep redirecting their conversations to my more
important agenda of spring schedules and motivation for the Exit Exam. It's amazing the teacher-student relationships we get to create with our kids at my work :-)

Surprised the boys at daycare, and the looks on their faces were priceless. Sam couldn't stop smiling and I was finally able to give a big hug to my now 3 year old. We came home and played baseball and football in the yard until Mimi and Papa came over after work for Jack's birthday dinner. Blessed again with an amazing meal of Guy Fieri Mac and Cheese, salad and even a cake for Jack (thanks Bentley family).
We all sat down and watched the movie I made of Jack's first year. It is incredible to see how much he has grown. Jack sat in his recliner eating popcorn while Sam danced around the room entertaining us.
The boys got baths, guitar serenades, and we read books until they fell asleep. Now cuddling up in front of the fire.......

Seriously, A Perfect Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment