Monday, March 26, 2012

My Boys



When we first found out I had cancer, we had to decide how and what we were going to tell the boys. There were many books that were suggested and websites to check out. We were lucky, the boys at 3 and 1 were so young they really only needed to know how it would effect them at that moment. They weren't old enough to fear that mommy wouldn't get better or wouldn't make it through. They weren't old enough to feel like everyone in their life would get sick.

I posted previously their reactions to my loss of hair, but here are their reactions to my surgery.

Jack (upon seeing me getting into the shower): "Why is that one so big? (pointing to my remaining breast)" No concern with the fact that I had a 6 inch T shaped scar and two drains coming out of my chest.

Sam: "Up" "I can't pick you up, but I can hold your hand" "OH" (takes hold of my hand) He is getting to be such a big boy.


And how lucky am I, that the other boy in my life reiterates after each step in this process how beautiful, strong and amazing he thinks I am. His card after surgery brought me to tears when he said he could only hope to be just like me. What a compliment!

Thank you Amber Felts and Shoops Shutter Photography for capturing some amazing pictures of us prior to surgery. Check out the sneak peek HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment