Like I said in a previous post, Day 14 brought the dreaded hair loss. Luckily, I am a Miller and we are blessed with lots of hair. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I lost hair every time I touched it but it held out for family pictures and my trip to the bay area to see students on Monday. On Tuesday, I was home grading and this is what I ended up with.
Yes, gross! Brian came home and we decided to do it that night. It would lessen the blow of waking up to piles of hair each day. I was very nervous. I felt like up until this point, I could move through life without the label of "cancer patient". Once the hair was gone, I now would be the "cancer patient". Even with hats, scarfs and bandanas the point remains.......there is no more hair!
So, how to you get the much dreaded hair cut......
Invite over your mom and friends!
Create a psuedo hair cutting salon in your kitchen!
Involve your 3 year old!
Hire your husband who has shaved his head for the last 15+ years!
and the result........I have a nice round head. Everyone says it is beautiful. I also have a tan line from the part I have sported for the last 10 years (the first one my doc has ever seen).
I spent the next few days trying on hats, buying scarfs and figuring out my comfort level on being bald! It's all part of the journey and now Brian and I have matching hairstyles!
Danielle,
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful...hair or no hair. I was so surprised and sorry to hear what you are going through. But the girl I knew way back when was strong and I'm sure you are even more so now. I've been thinking of you constantly since I saw your facebook post Saturday. Sending lots of love. xoxo
Allyson