Saturday, November 19, 2011

Round Two: Go Grease Lightning!



Round Two is behind us. My chemo crew reconvened for round two of treatment on Friday November 14th. Sarah and I were decked out in our Pink Ladies gear to take Kaiser by storm :-) A little background, in our early college (maybe high school days) Sarah and I convinced Brian to see Grease Lightning at the Crest Theater downtown.We sang the songs (out loud), danced the dances and thoroughly embarrassed my then boyfriend. You could say he was horrified, but he had to know what he was getting himself into with Sarah and I.

Round two went well, we chatted and Adam came to visit and the 3 hours flew by. I was sent home with shots that I will start tonight to help boost my white blood cell count this next week. The hope is that I won't have a repeat hospital stay this time around and with Thanksgiving around the corner this will be a blessing. I'm resting today and the boys are on an adventure with my mom and Keith, lucky guys!

I was especially well rested because Thursday night I came home to a major surprise. My mom and aunt had planned nights out with each of the boys and sent Brian and I on a pre-chemo night away. They had booked a room at the Delta King (our favorite place to sneak away). We had dinner at Bibas and a restful night. We enjoyed breakfast with a view and were well rested for Chemo Day 2. What an amazing surprise and all the details were taken care of. Again, lucky, loved, and so supported (maybe I need to change the blog name).

The view from our room, WOW!!



Breakfast.........not you're frozen pancakes

One well rested couple!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Danielle!
    You are an amazing woman with an amazing spirit and an inspiring giddy up! outlook on your journey to kickin some cancer booty!
    I'm here for you. :) Sending hugs, love and memories of Frente!, the boat dance, The Miller road trip, Pasta Fresca and many more that will hopefully make that smile of yours even bigger :))
    I love you and miss you,
    Kristi
    PS - come to Berkeley and I'll meet you at the steam trains!

    ReplyDelete